To set up a printer for the first time, remove the printer and all packing materials from the box, connect the power cable, set control panel preferences, install the ink cartridges, and then load paper into the input tray. First, try restarting your computer, printer and wireless router. To check if your printer is connected to your network: Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel. On many printers pressing the Wireless button allows direct access to printing this report.
Steps to Setup, Print, Scan or Fax on your HP Printer
1. Unpack Printer
2. Connect Power & Set Preferences
3. Install & Align the ink cartridges
• Open the ink cartridge access door.
• Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you proceed
• Remove the tape on the ink cartridges before inserting them in the carriage. Caution
• Close the cartridge access door & follow instructions on the printer.
• For print quality purposes, the printer may print an alignment page.
• Follow the instructions on the alignment page to complete the ink cartridge alignment.
4. Load paper into the input tray
Depending on the Printer type load a stack of plain white paper in the main input tray and push until the paper stops. Gently slide in the paper width guides until they lightly rest against the edges of the paper.
5. Download, install software and connect printer
• Go to Software and Driver Downloads, enter your printer model, if prompted, and then confirm the OS version.
• Download the recommended printer software & driver
• Install downloaded software
• Choose connection type when prompted by the software and follow onscreen instructions.
6. Register the printer
If you did not register your printer while installing the software, by taking just a few quick minutes to register, you can enjoy your own personal product dashboard with easier access to support, product and service information, relevant solutions, and more.
7. Sign up for HP Instant Ink
HP Instant Ink is an ink cartridge replacement service. You do not need to purchase replacement ink cartridges from retail stores when you are enrolled in HP Instant Ink.
If you did not sign up for instant ink service while installing the software, to know more go to https://instantink.hpconnected.com
Instant ink is currently available in limited countries.
resource from https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/how-to-print-scan-fax?jumpid=re_r11839_in/en/sitehometile/Printscanfax